From Green Garage Detroit
Revision as of 18:22, 26 January 2010 by Peggy Brennan
return to urban sustainable library
neighbor survey and identification of areas we can help
- outdoor paint
- asking group can result in quite a variety of responses, sometimes not on target
- followed through - they figured it out - provided feedback
- put final info on site
- shell blasting
- help on energy efficiency - apt buildings
- sell solar panels?
- rain barrels
- what is the GG?
- where did you get that insulation? where can I get it?
- what are earth tubes?
- can I bring other people through?
- deconstruction and materials reuse
- want to be more sustainable - buying a home - what should I look for in a home?
- Ford an GM shavings question - we are no waste experts - will get questions
Helping us determine areas we need to work on....
- Help me plan a rooftop garden
- Help me save money on my heating and cooling bills.
- Tell me about how you made this a net zero energy building, and what exactly do you mean by 'net zero energy'?
- How can I make my own rain barrel?
- Can you help me select energy efficient windows that don't cost too much?
- Can someone from the Green Garage speak at this upcoming community event?
- I'd like to take a tour of the building.
- I'd like to work at making my business a greener work environment. Can you help?
- How can I get some stimulus money for starting up a green business?
- I heard you worked on deconstructing the building without a dumpster...how did you do it, and what happened to all of the material?
- How do you know if a plant is native to Michigan?
What we now know about our library
- need to update materials pages and familiarize ourselves with what happened to all of our materials
- link to sites which deal with materials (MSDS - Materials Data Safety Sheets)
- from our dry wall example:
- get research people to do research on specific areas
- use our own example of what we did with drywall
- help connect with expert
- regular meetings with experts (weekly event with geothermal company, etc)
- populate materials charts
- connect with people doing the work
- sometimes you need to talk with the person who did the work