Difference between revisions of "The Green Garage Foundational Elements"
|(5 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
|Line 45:||Line 45:|
Some addition information can be found by reading [http://greengarage.typepad.com/ The Green Garage Blog] of the forum sessions.
Some addition information can be found by reading [http://greengarage.typepad.com/ The Green Garage Blog] of the forum sessions .
Latest revision as of 23:18, 17 May 2009
return to Main Page
These three foundational elements are the roots of The Green Garage:
The Green Garage is grounded in our relationship to the earth.
It all begins with our relationship to the earth ... our essential interconnectedness with all of creation. We seek harmonious relationships with the four powerful life giving forces...the sun, wind, water and land. They create a living context for all our great work. They are the primary source of energy for our work. The quality and depth of this relationship is vital.
The Green Garage is focused on a sustainable future through balanced decision making:
- Environmental Integrity - protecting and restoring our eco-systems
- Native habitat preservation and restoration
- Net positive impact on natural commons (Air, lakes, rivers, ground, plants, insects,...)
- Prevent harm...small footprint
- Community Wellness - growing and strengthening our communities
- Conflict resolution
- Number and depth of relationships
- Economic Energy and Justice - promote sustainable economic development in an equitable manner
- Affordable and viable
- Creates value that exceeds the real costs
- No waste
- Grow sustainable skills and capabilities (green collar skills)
The Green Garage intends to grow a "One Earth" pattern of living
The primary outcome of our work is a "one earth" pattern of living. We currently in the US consume five to seven earths of resources per person. On a global basis this is not sustainable in even the mid-term. The focus of our work is to help develop a "one earth" pattern of living that that is regionally, nationally and globally relevant.
These are the foundational elements that all our work is built upon. However we know that the way we get to our outcomes is as important as the outcomes themselves. And so our way will be an expression of our deep belief in:
- Hope and encouragement