Difference between revisions of "Sustainable Materials Management - Development Story"

From Green Garage Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: <flickr>3597888137|thumb|left|Initial Existing Materials Matrix</flickr>)
 
 
(7 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
<small>return to [[Building Materials - New]]</small>
 +
 +
Group meetings were held weekly to discuss and develop a plan regarding the materials use at the green garage.
 +
*Sustainability Goals set by the group:
 +
**Reuse 90% of all non-toxic materials on site.
 +
**Recycle 90% of remaining 10% of materials not used on site.
 +
**<1% of materials to enter waste stream.
 +
*A matrix was developed identifying the most numerous materials on site, and individuals researched the different materials and came back to the group with reuse and alternative use ideas for each material.  These were entered into the matrix (shown on this page).
 +
 +
 +
[http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=poIdcdytevB8N2C5JksbWPw&hl=en Material Goals] that helped shape our material usage at the Green Garage.
 +
 +
 
<flickr>3597888137|thumb|left|Initial Existing Materials Matrix</flickr>
 
<flickr>3597888137|thumb|left|Initial Existing Materials Matrix</flickr>
 +
 +
 +
<flickr>3597888435|thumb|center|Initial New Materials Matrix</flickr>
 +
 +
 +
<flickr>3617499058|thumb|left|Physical Setup</flickr>
 +
 +
 +
<flickr>3616679329|thumb|center|Info Center for materials management</flickr>

Latest revision as of 15:33, 23 June 2009

return to Building Materials - New

Group meetings were held weekly to discuss and develop a plan regarding the materials use at the green garage.

  • Sustainability Goals set by the group:
    • Reuse 90% of all non-toxic materials on site.
    • Recycle 90% of remaining 10% of materials not used on site.
    • <1% of materials to enter waste stream.
  • A matrix was developed identifying the most numerous materials on site, and individuals researched the different materials and came back to the group with reuse and alternative use ideas for each material. These were entered into the matrix (shown on this page).


Material Goals that helped shape our material usage at the Green Garage.


Flickr Error ( Photo not found ): PhotoID 3597888137


Flickr Error ( Photo not found ): PhotoID 3597888435


Flickr Error ( Photo not found ): PhotoID 3617499058


Flickr Error ( Photo not found ): PhotoID 3616679329