Space Lighting Comparison
return to Living Building Design Studio
- 1 What is It?
- 2 Focal Point Fusion
- 3 Retro-fitted Willow Run
- 4 Why is it Important?
- 5 When to Use It?
- 6 Green Garage Use of ??
- 7 Related Internal Links
- 8 Resources
- 9 To Do's
What is It?
This page was developed to assist in the final 3-D (community, environment, economic) design for the general artificial lighting of the historic side of the building. The two finalists for lighting fixtures are the Focal Point Fusion pendant fixture and a retro-fitted historic industrial pendant light from the Willow Run plant. energy efficiency, suitability for lighting needs, and design aesthetic characteristics.
These have been selected based on their:
- Energy efficiency
- Suitability for our space lighting needs
- Aesthetic characteristics
Focal Point Fusion
- Model no.
Retro-fitted Willow Run
- Specifics of this fixture
Why is it Important?
Describe how it:
- strengthen our relationship to the earth...all are connected (sun, wind, water, plants and animals)
- helps restore the planet's eco-systems (plant, animal, water, air)
- builds strong communities.
- creates equal economic opportunities and energy.
- creates One Earth patterns of living
When to Use It?
- List the important considerations when to use this pattern.
- When would it be sustainable?
- When would it not be sustainable?
Green Garage Use of ??
- The specific goals we're trying to achieve. This should be the performance outcomes.
- Strive to quantify if at all possible.
- It doesn't describe how...just the outcomes.
Strategy and Conceptual Design
- Describe how we plan to achieve these goals
- Explain why we chose this specific strategy and design (our rationale)
- Include pictures, drawings or videos(flickr)
Proposed Materials / Suppliers
- Identify (via links and short description) the materials and suppliers we propose to use.
The ?? - Development Story page contains many images and videos documenting the process used at the Green Garage to design, build and operate our ?? system.
Related Internal Links
- Help people find other related Green Garage pages that may help them. Keep it tight.
- Provide valuable links to help make it easier for others to pursue this pattern.