One Earth Pattern style guide
From Green Garage Detroit
Revision as of 17:34, 26 May 2009 by Peggy Brennan
- Pattern Title (i.e page naming convention)
- use the words that people would most commonly search the web to find it
- test your title by doing a 'google search' using those keywords. Check to see if what comes up is highly related to what you what to document. If it is not then keep adjusting your keywords.
- also see what wikipedia calls it. This is, also, a global consensus.
- A Pattern Language by Christopher Alexander
- Build it Solar ...really like the simple, helpful and uncomplicated style of Chris' writing. He's provided a huge service to the solar movement.
- Green Alley - Sustainable Design Features... brief descriptions of the Sustainable Elements of the Green Alley.
- Put all pictures in GG Flickr account. Please tag them: Green Garage, sustainability, green, Detroit, ???
- May also need to upload them to the wiki if you need to size them in a special way. Try to minimize this.
- Help on how to insert flickr images in the GG wiki can be found here.
- Put all videos in GG YouTube account. Please tag them: Green Garage, sustainability, green, Detroit, ???
- Help on how to insert YouTube videos in the GG wiki can be found here.
- Every page should be placed in the Site Index and One Earth Pattern by placing the links at the bottom of each page. These have been included in the template.
- A page may be part of another index...if so please place this category at the bottom of the page also.
- Help of Categories can be found here.