Living Building Design Studio
return to Main Page
This documents the process and outcomes of a community of people working to grow the Green Garage into a living building.
Our work is documented on these pages.
DTE Yes Program
Below are links to our work developing an energy efficiency study for the DTE Your Energy Savings (YES) incentive program application process. The segment of the program that we are applying for is the new construction/remodeling initiative, intended to help overcome barriers to using higher efficiency equipment and systems when building new buildings or doing major renovations to an existing building.
Building Plans Digital Library
Here are the most current building plans for the Green Garage. Click on each one to bring up the pdf. Please take care when printing as it effects our planet....only print when necessary. New updated plans will be added weekly.
- GG Zero Energy Design Studio
- Geo-Solar Hybrid Heating and Cooling TB ** (i)
- Hybrid Ventilation System TB ** (i)
- Super Insulated Building Envelope KL/JG **
- Sustainable Lighting TB ** (i) (v)
- Daylighting TB ** (v)
- Energy ModelingKL **
- Human Comfort ZoneKL **
- Energy Monitoring and Control
- Green Garage Sustainability Labs
- Sustainable Materials ManagementJG **
- Special Projects
(* ready for draft review / ** draft review complete / *** ready for final review / **** final review completed /***** :) DONE)
- Creating a One Earth Pattern in the Wiki
- One Earth Pattern style guide
- One Earth Pattern template
- One Earth Pattern page development process From notes taken by Peggy - Step-by-step process for developing a 'pattern' page
- General Wiki help
- Adding a sustainable requirement to google docs database spreadsheet
- Adding links
- Creating a CAD layer
- Obtain templates
- create layer
- document in requirements database (google docs)
- Creating a sketch
- Tool is ??? Kevin's recommendation.
Work Follow-up Points
- Kevin - sketch tool
- Add titles to req'ts db
- Add prototype (Tom)