Sustainable Lighting Design
return to Living Building Design Studio
What is It?
- A brief description of what it is.
- If it is part of a system-level pattern put a link to it in here.
- Also known as:
Why is it Important?
Describe how it:
- strengthen our relationship to the earth...all are connected (sun, wind, water, plants and animals)
- helps restore the planet's eco-systems (plant, animal, water, air)
- builds strong communities.
- creates equal economic opportunities and energy.
- creates One Earth patterns of living
When to Use It?
- List the important considerations when to use this pattern.
- When would it be sustainable?
- When would it not be sustainable?
Green Garage Use of Sustainable Lighting Design
The sustainability goals for the Sustainable Lighting Design are:
- Provide 80% of lighting needs with daylight.
- Prvide high efficiency task lighting only when and where needed to conserve energy.
- Provide minimum 10 footcandles for safety.
- Integrate emergency lighting with PV system.
The major elements of our ventilation strategy were:
- Most of the lighting will be supplied by daylight through SolaTubes and windows.
- Only places that require task lighting, emergency lighting, outdoor areas, and places not lit by daylight will have artificial lighting.
- Include pictures, drawings or videos(flickr)
A Pattern Language for Lighting
High Efficiency Lighting
Proposed Materials / Suppliers
- Identify (via links and short description) the materials and suppliers we propose to use.
The Sustainable Lighting - Development Story page contains many images and videos documenting the process used at the Green Garage to design, build and operate our ?? system.
Related Internal Links
- Help people find other related Green Garage pages that may help them. Keep it tight.