Electrical 2.0 Design Center
From Green Garage Detroit
- Executive Summary
- Meet the lighting needs primarily through daylight
- Supplement the daylighting with low-energy artificial lighting
- We should always ask ourselves "Would anyone else do this if they saw what we did and its cost?". If not, then we need to be seeking a better sustainable value.
- Technical Summary
- Executive Summary
- Want a platform that can be user controlled and evolved.
- Promotes learning and continuous improvement
- Use earth's natural energy first...then lowest carbon/cost energy next
- We do not want everything automated. We don't know the building well enough yet. Let us manually control until we develop patterns of operation. Then put them into the controls logic.
Electrical 2.0 Conceptual Requirements
** General (space) lighting:
* Front/west historic side schoolhouse lights retrofit design criteria:
- Equivalent to a 100 watt incandescent
- Approx. 3000K color temperature
- High efficiency
- Long lamp life
- Cost comparable with new
* Open office area:
- Same as above, narrowed to two options
- Focal Point Fusion with two 42 watt CFL lamps
- This option has the advantage of known photometric and performance data
- Common CFL lamp life ratings 10,000 hours
- Lamps cost approx. $13 each
- Willow Run plant historic fixtures with induction lamps
- This option has the advantage of recycled materials
- Common induction lamp life ratings 60,000 hours
- Lamps cost approx. $49 each
- Design Open Points
- Actual mechanical equipment locations
- Final kitchen area design
- Cabinet and appliance needs and locations
- Receptacle locations
- Lighting design
- Do we want covers on the floor receptacles, and if so, what color/material?
- How far do we want Chuck to go on refurbishing recycled lighting fixtures?
- What colors/materials/lamp types?
- What sort of performance do we expect from the refurbished lights, and how will we measure it?
- Do we need the ability to step or dim any lights? Which ones?
- How do we control the lighting, with occupancy sensors, photo sensors, etc.?
- City Approved Plans - PDF formats
- City Approved Plans - DWG formats
Electrical Shop Drawings
- All black devices with stainless steel plates
- Green Garage responsibilities
- Furnish all light fixtures, exit signs, and emergency lighting fixtures
- Electrical Contractor responsibilities
- Install all light fixtures, exit signs, and emergency lighting fixtures
- Rewire/refurbish historic/recycled light fixtures
- Complete installation of receptacles, switches, conduit, and wiring according to plans
- Gallery template from HVAC 2.0 Center