Conversation with Bob at SunEarth on March 23, 2008
From Green Garage Detroit
Revision as of 17:40, 24 March 2009 by Tom Brennan (New page: Here's a summary: * the panels can be placed either portrait or landscape * the maximum panels in parallel on one manifold is 6 without running the risk of leaks..."never seen one with mo...)
Here's a summary:
- the panels can be placed either portrait or landscape
- the maximum panels in parallel on one manifold is 6 without running the risk of leaks..."never seen one with more than six panels go more than 10 years without a leak." It is do to expansion and contraction of the long manifold vs. the panel frame. So an answer is one pipe feeding two manifolds each feeding five panels.
- Need EC (Chrome) feature which are intended for colder climates
- There is a "1.5" version that has a 1.5" header for greater flow potential
- Overheading / Heat dump
- He has covered the panels...often recommends doing so
- paint the panels with poster paint that washes off.
- uses radiator coils with fans to dump heat
- List price for Empire 4x10 is $1,300