From Green Garage Detroit
Develop an online presence for the Green Garage that will keep our information, help us to connect with others, and help us share information with others.
- Environmental Integrity
- Community Wellbeing: Will promote outreach into the community.
- Economic Energy and Justice: Will provide access to this type of information to a community unable to access it another way.
- New separate wiki
- Green Garage blog
- Facebook page for the Green Garage
- Flickr page for our photos
- YouTube page for our videos
- What components do we want on our wiki?
- When do we want to get it up?
- Is our blog set up correctly and can we integrate it with other components?
- How soon do we want to get the Facebook page up, and who can we invite?
- What is the purpose of our Facebook page?
- We want a wiki website to share information.
- We want a presence on Facebook for social networking and spreading the word on events.
- We want to store and share photos and videos on Flickr and YouTube.
- We want a blog to share current happenings and to chronicle the history of the Green Garage development.
List of regular tasks for web group
- Update contact list and mailing list
- Take photos, videos, and notes on any sessions
- Upload photos to Flickr - put in appropriate set or start a new set
- Upload videos Windows Movie Maker, put them in a file on your computer, then upload the file to the GG YouTube page.
- Update front page of GG wiki - update 'new this week', 'things we're learning about', and a new picture of video from the past week.
- New blog post every week, which includes:
- at least one picture or video. Pictures must go through Photoshop (600w), and videos must be adjusted to 325w x 272h.
- On iGoogle page, check e-mail, list tasks
- Facebook: photos should enter automatically, but we can add more (just grab them from a file) to highlight some of them
- update status
- respond to friend requests
- post announcements of events
- Dwight (tech support): 407-467-5775